First National Bank is working with Banzai, a national award-winning financial literacy program, to make curriculum available to Gilbert Middle School completely free. Banzai’s award winning curriculum is used by over 20,000 teachers nationwide to teach their students to be better stewards of their money. Banzai partners with local sponsors to provide this high quality program for teachers and students, at no cost.
How it Works
One of the hardest parts about teaching is connecting the classroom to the real world. Printed Life Scenario booklets work in conjunction with the online software to provide actual real-life adult financial dilemmas for students to work through. The first day a student uses Banzai they have to begin thinking critically, decisively and analytically. The Banzai curriculum includes four steps the students must complete.
- Pre-Test. Gage students initial level of understanding.
- Life Scenarios. Students work through story problems that introduce the curriculum. The teacher’s edition provides educators with a lesson plan to help students understand the various financial responsibilities and costs they’ll face as an adult.
- The Game. Students enter a real life simulation where they exercise what they have learned and make various tradeoffs and decisions in order to reach their end goal of saving $2,000 for college.
- Post-Test. Measures how much students learned throughout the course.
Now more than ever, it's important for students to learn early how to handle their money, or pretty soon it will start handling them! If students learn fiscal responsibility in school, they will be prepared when the time comes to make important financial decisions on their own.
Banzai helps teachers do what they are already doing, even better. As an added benefit of the program, the topics Banzai covers fulfill many state-mandated requirements for personal finance and financial literacy.
Benefits of Banzai
- Fun and interactive learning
- Free resource for teachers
- Incorporates technology with learning
- Classroom presentations
- Teachers have control over how to use Banzai
- Grade an entire class in an instant
- Access the Banzai program from anywhere at anytime
- Aligns with state curriculum
Contact us to learn more.