Mobile Check Deposit
It's free, easy, and convenient
Mobile check deposit lets you deposit paper checks into your First National Bank checking or saving account using the camera on your mobile device.
The types of checks you may be able to add to your account using mobile check deposits include personal, business, and government-issued checks, including tax refunds.
Benefits of Using Mobile Check Deposit
- Saves time and gas. Deposit checks as soon as you receive them and skip a trip to the bank or ATM.
- Super convenient. Deposit checks anytime, 24/7, using First National Bank's mobile app and the camera on your phone or tablet.
- It's free. There is no fee for mobile check deposit.
- Fast and simple. Once you give it a try, you'll see just how simple it is and you'll wonder why you ever drove to the bank to make a deposit.
- Bank from anywhere. Deposit checks from almost anywhere using the FNB mobile app, even while you're on vacation.
- Secure. Mobile check deposit is a secure mobile banking tool.
Here's How it Works
- Login to First National Bank's mobile app.
- Select the "Check Deposit" option from the menu.
- Choose the account into which you want to make the deposit.
- Endorse the back of the check with your signature and print exactly --- "For mobile deposit at FNB Ames only."
- Enter the check amount.
- Snap a photo of the front and back of the check using your phone or tablet. Just select the Front of Check and Back of Check buttons. It's important to make sure you get a clear image of both sides of the check. If the images are blurry, clean off your camera lens. And make sure you have good lighting so your camera can pick up details on your check.
- Verify the information is correct, and then select Submit.
You will receive an email notification confirming that we have received your deposit. While you may want to use the money right away, you'll need to wait for the check to post to your bank account first before accessing the funds. Mobile deposits made by 5 p.m. are typically available the next business day.
You must keep the check for 60 days after making your deposit. Only after the check posts to your bank account, should you write "VOID" on the check and keep for your records.
We'd be glad to help. Just call Customer Service at 515-232-5561 or 641-342-6581 during normal business hours. Or submit your request by clicking here.
Get the FNB Mobile App
If you haven't already, download our FREE mobile app using one of the app store buttons below.
Click here to read our Mobile Deposit Services End User License Agreement.
When will my funds be available?
Check deposits made using Mobile Deposit are subject to verification and will generally be available for withdrawal within one business day.
You will receive the "Pending Review" message once a deposit is successfully submitted, but please note this does not mean your deposit has been accepted.
The check must be reviewed before it is accepted. Once a deposit is accepted or rejected, you will receive an email confirmation of this decision.
Deposits received on weekends, federal holidays and Monday through Friday after 5:00 p.m. central time are processed on the following business day.
All new accounts are subject to immediate deposit holds within the first 30 days of opening.
What is my deposit limit?
Your deposit limit is shown in the "Amount" field when making a deposit. The default limit for all users is $3,000. Limit changes are subject to review and approval. Please contact us if you'd like to raise your limit.
Can I view images of checks I've deposited?
Yes! After tapping "Check Deposit," you can navigate to the history tab and view your recent deposits. You can see which were accepted and rejected as well.
What accounts can I deposit into?
Both checking and savings accounts are supported.