READY TO BECOME A RELATIONSHIP BANKER
What is a Relationship Banker?
At First National Bank, a Relationship Banker serves as a liaison between the customer and the bank, building and maintaining that relationship by providing direct services and advice related to personal and business accounts.
Relationship Bankers also make referrals to other employees who provide various bank services and products, such as private banking, mortgage lending, commercial loans, investment services, and financial management and trust services.
Relationship Bankers have a broad knowledge of the products and services offered by the bank, as well as the needs and financial goals of their clients, helping them optimize and manage their accounts.
See Current Openings
What does a Relationship Banker do?
Below are examples of the Relationship Banker’s responsibilities.
- Greet customers when they enter the branch and establish a professional, friendly rapport
- Establish new checking, savings, and other deposit accounts for clients
- Explain bank products and services to clients
- Ensure customer satisfaction and resolve issues with banking products or services
- Evaluate customers’ financial needs, identify banking solutions and offer a referral to the appropriate employee
- Provide ongoing, deepened banking relationship services with clients, including completing day-to-day banking transactions, such as: cashing and depositing checks, processing loan payments, and completing wire documentation
- Verify all transactions, balance cash drawer, process night deposit bags, assist customers with ATM-related issues, and order checks
- Participate in continuous learning to gain knowledge of bank processes, policies, software, terminology, and rules and regulations
- Demonstrate commitment to the bank’s mission, vision and core values
What experience and skills does it take to become a Relationship Banker?
We’ll help you build a successful career at First National bank through world-class training and an on-boarding program that will set you up for success.
No banking experience is required, but it’s a plus. We’re looking for enthusiastic, highly motivated individuals who have:
- A strong work ethic
- Confidence in their ability to learn new tasks, communicate effectively with customers, and take on increasing responsibilities as they acquire new skills
- A passion for a long-term career
- A professional, courteous demeanor
- A desire to build relationships with customers
- An interest in continual learning
- Basic math skills
- Strong problem-solving and critical-thinking skills
- Good quality written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to work independently and as a team
- Computer or data entry experience
- Cash handling experience in any prior career is required
- Customer service or retail experience
- A minimum of a high school education or equivalent
A Relationship Banker is a great position to grow your career at First National Bank. (Learn more about First National Bank and why it's an exceptional place to work.)
If you join us today, you’ll be building lasting relationships with our clients to meet their life-long financial needs. In return, you’ll be rewarded with a competitive compensation and benefit package, be provided continuous training and development opportunities, and extended a sincere commitment to a positive work culture that believes diversity makes us stronger.
Ready, Set, Let’s Get Started
We’re excited to learn more about you and your interest in a Relationship Banker position. Jobs go quickly, so check out our current openings and then apply today.
See Current Openings
Equal Opportunity Employer